Monday, November 07, 2005

Thought of the day 1

This is an intro to what I want to post when I get the time to write it.

I've been wondering if I read a manual about colors and I look to the sky and say to my friend "wow, the sky is so blue and beautiful!" and my friend who has also read the same manual disagrees with me and says "it's not blue, it's green." Both of us believe sincerely that our opinion is right and refer to the manual.

What should I do? Should I try to convince him that my opinion is wrong? Should I apply his opinion to me? Or should I just respond in love and say "you know what, we disagree and I think that's just great, I still love you!" Is the manual perhaps not clear enaugh? Or are we just so blind that we don't see the real meaning of the manual?

Don't be afraid to say your opinion. If you think I'm on dope, that's just great, you're still awesome!

7 Comments:

Blogger ° ÐãVeØ ° said...

I'm not quite sure what you're saying here man.
But whatever it is, I think you're wrong and what you've written cannot possibly be right.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Jón Magnús said...

I think what he's trying to say is..that if one is given very true instructions on something and they ignore it and say its something else do you convince them otherwise or just love them...
Example: The Bible...if the Bible says something very clearly and someone tries to manipulate the words for their own righteousness and reasons, do you argue with them or just accept them and love them..
Jon was right, I just dont think you understood Daveo.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Shawnana said...

I say that you state your opinion and that you do apply his opinion to yourself because then you can understand where he is coming from. It depends on the subject whether or not you should sit back and say oh well we disagree but I love you. You should always love them, but if it is a matter of the truth of the Bible they need to know it. And if this is in regards to the Bible, the manual is clear, the people reading it are blind without the Holy Spirit guiding them.

4:53 AM  
Blogger Janice said...

I was talking about this very thing with an evolutionary atheist the other night. interesting conversation. can i just say i love so much that you guys all believe in say, creation, because, wow. i would say...if you think you really can convince them that the sky is blue, than you should, but in a manner of love. however, if the matter of whether the sky is blue or green has been a question humanity in general cannot answer because it is all subject to interpretation...than perhaps an "agree to disagree" approach is better. less fighting and more unity! that's all.

5:57 AM  
Blogger ° ÐãVeØ ° said...

To be honest with you, Riss Piss, Shawnananana, and Janice Rae, i think you're all wrong. I still love you, but there is no possible way what any of you are saying is right.
I mean I still love you. Don't get me wrong, but every word you've said is just plain wrong.

(p.s. I've looked out the window every day for the last week and the sky has always been grey, thus proving me to be right.)

3:05 AM  
Blogger Megs said...

JON! I think you're on dope...;) Just kidding man, this is s true problem, it can be huge like the difference between what we as chritians follow or what the JW's follow or wether it's things amoungst us like woman pastors or elders... one is the difference of salvation the other not so but important never the less....hmmmmm well i have no answer for ya buddy but i understand your dilema. Glad to see ya bloggin!

4:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nevertheless is one word!

1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home